Superb Herb batter Toad-In-The-Hole with Beef & Tomato sausages
3 large eggs
240 ml whole milk
240 ml all-purpose flour
1/2 Tea Spoon of salt
15 ml chopped fresh parsley
15 ml chopped fresh chives
10 ml chopped fresh sage
10 ml chopped fresh thyme
80 ml clarified butter or 80 ml pan dripping, from a beef roast
8 Hand made Beef & Tomato sausages - (You can buy these on-line here)
Optional - Packed of stuffing mix to make stuffing balls (Mix with boiling water and form into balls)
(1) Fry the sausages gently in a little oil until cooked but don't crisp too much. Set aside
(2) In a medium bowl, whisk eggs to blend. Gradually whisk in milk.
(3) Sift flour and salt into egg mixture and whisk until well blended and smooth.
(4) Whisk in all herbs.
(5) Let the batter stand at room temperature for 30 minutes
(6) While the batter is resting, preheat the oven to 450°F.
(7) Re-whisk the batter before using and transfer to large measuring cup.
(8) Heat an oven proof deep sided bish or cassarole in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes
(9) Pour the drippings or melted butter in.
(10) Return pan to oven for about 6 to 8 minutes.
(11) When the dripping or butter is smoking hot pour in the batter mixture.
(12) Add your sausages gently so they float. (Add your stuffing balls if you are using them)
(13) Bake until puddings are golden and puffy, about 12 to 15 minutes.